Home Shop Forum FAQ  

Forum Home | Environment Home
Start New Thread | Reply To Post
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3
alfred
1/24/2003 8:19:00 AM
cheap ways of generating co2

I was wondering if it is really necissary to buy a proper co2 controll system. Could you not just use a bunsen burner with a switch on it that is timing it. I can make something like that because I have very good electronics facilities in my school and pritty mutch anything is possible reguarding logic and outputs.
This is for my technology project and i was wondering if i could find some cheap alternatives
penny
1/24/2003 9:31:00 AM
Re: cheap ways of generating co2

alfred
I know some customer's who have tryed to make their own system.
But it has not worked out.I would rather see you with an injection system.You would just need to find a tank supply.
paul
3/6/2003 10:54:00 AM

I heard you can use yeast, sugar, and water in a bucket. It will take a few days to begin to produce CO2. Once it does monitor your plants to be sure they dont get too much.
paul
3/6/2003 11:10:00 AM

I just realized Doug, responding to carolyns post below has a much better knowledge of how this system works. look below.
cedar_tree
12/8/2003 11:14:00 PM

the cheapest way of generating co2 no matter what is to spend a good time in your green house watering your self every day. the amount of co2 you exale in a 1-2 hour time is priceless compared to an system you can buy to amount that.
big green tree
6/24/2004 12:52:00 PM

cedar tree is wrong u breath in co2 and exshale carbondioxsid
the smart one
9/14/2004 11:53:00 AM

carbondioxide and co2 are the same thing jackass. thats why they say talk or sing to your plants because you aer breathing out c02(carbondioxide) onto the plants. you acually release more co2 when you are singing or talking than if you were jus breathing out.
Just wanted to flame big green tree!
12/15/2006 2:38:34 PM

big green tree? more like big stupid dumbass. where the hell did you learn that humans breath in CO2? Last time i checked we all breathed in oxygen. Then again maybe you do breathe in CO2 explaining your lack of mental ability.
South Texas
3/13/2008 10:37:04 PM

From the start, correct me if I'm wrong. We breath in oxygen (co2), exhale carbon dioxcide. The plants breath carbon dioxcide, exhale oxygen. The oxygen (co2)exhaled by the plants is trapped by the tiny hairs on the plants stem, and will kill the plant if proper ventilation, a strong breeze isn't provided. It seems to me that too much co2 is called for, when the plants simple need proper ventilation. Also, since they don't sell carbon dioxiced, people make money selling co2 when it's the last thing the plant needs. ???
bcgreen
8/22/2008 7:34:02 PM

actually texas you breathe in oxygen which is o2 and breathe out carbon (which is what the c in co2 stands for) dioxide (dioxide meaning 2oxygen hence the 02)

© 2000-2024 Rick's Green Thumb Gardening, Inc.